ONE LINER GK
7 July ,2020
- The headquarters of Food and Agriculture Organization is in
- The five permanent members of UN security council are
Ans: China, France, USSR, UK and USA
- Which International organizations has started the scheme ‘Partnership for Peace’ for a group of nations?
Ans: North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- In which decade were the first successful diode and triode vacuum tubes invented?
- When were bar code scanners invented?
- When Right to Information Act came into force in India
And: 12 Oct, 2005
- In which states, Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) were used for the first time
- Raw materials used for the manufacture of glass are
Ans: Sand, Soda and Limestone
- Provision of suspension of fundamental rights during emergency is taken from which country?
- In India constitution which articles and part deal with Union and its territory?
Ans: Article 1-4 (part 1)
- In which state is the Indirasagar Dam located?
Ans: Madhy pradesh
- When will the National Energy Conservation Day Celebrated?
Ans: 14th December
- The Quoram of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha is —-?
Ans: 1/10 of the present members
- Yen is the currency of—
- Visa Inc, is headquartered in——–
- The Islamic Military Alliance (IMA) is headquartered in
Ans: Soudi Arabia
- Yakshagana is a dance form related to which State?
- Satpura National Park is situated in
Ans: Madhya pradesh
- Sirohi National park is located in which state?
- Tilaiya Dam is located in which state?
- The city of Ayodhya is located on the bank of River——–.
- On the bank of which river does the Cuttack City lies?
- Union cabinate gave its approval to rename which airport as ‘ Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore Airport’?
Ans: Agartala Airport
- Where Raja Bhoj Airport situated?
- Which airport is used for travelling to Andaman and Nicobar islands
Ans: Veer Savarkar International airport
- Where is Sawai Mansingh Stadium located?
- Where is Barabati Stadium located?
- Major Dhyandchand Hockey Stadium is located in
- Kanwar lake one of Asia’s largest Oxbow lake is located in which state of India?
- Devtal lake one of the highest lakes in India is situated in which states of India?
- Global Economic Prospects report is published by——
Ans: World Bank
- ‘Doing Business Report’ is prepared by which organizations every year?
Ans: World Bank
- Kuna is currency of which country?
- Dirham is a currency of which country?
- In Computer Science, the intersection of Rows and Column are called?
- All formulas in MS Excel is start with——— sign
- Zoom Slider option is available in
Ans: Status bar
- Which function is use to display the current date and time in a cell
- If we press the F7 in a word file, it will———
Ans: Spelling and Grammar
- Ctrl + K command is used to
Ans: Insert a hyperlink
- Portrait and Landscape are
- A network the spreads over cities is known as?
- Which layer of OSI model provides translation of Data
- In which topology all network devices are connected by a single cable
Ans: Bus Topology
- In which century did portuguese merchants first land in Goa?
Ans: 16th Century
- Which monument was built by Mohammed Quli Qutab Shah in 1591 to commemorate the end of Plague?
- Who is lso known as the “ Lord of five Indies”?
48.The Law book of Manu translated by Sir William Jones published under the title of
Ans: Institutes of Hindu Law
- Name the garden created by Babur at Panipat to commemorate this victory over Ibrahim Lody in 1526
Ans: Kabul Bagh
- The Adi Granth was compiled during the period of
Ans: Guru Arjun Dev
6 July ,2020
- According to international standard, what is the distance of marathon race?
Ans: 26 miles 385 yards
- The super computer ‘PARAM’ was developed by?
- Which was the India’s first mapping satellite?
- Zubin Mehta is associated with
- The first woman in space was?
Ans: Valentina Tereshkova
- who presides over the joint session of the Indian parliament?
Ans: Speaker of Lok Sabha
- By whom recommendation Fundamental duties have been added in the Constitution by 42 Amendment Act, 1976?
Ans: Swaran Singh Committee
- Respect for the National flag and National Anthem is…?
Ans: Fundamental duty of every citizen
- What is the literal meaning of the term “QuoWarranto”?
Ans: By what authority(or) warrant
- who is the Executive Head of State in India?
- Anti-defection law is given in which schedule of Indian constitution?
Ans: 10 schedule
- Fundamental duties are mentioned in which of the following part of Indian constitution?
Ans: Part IV A
- What is the minimum age for becoming a Governor of state in India?
Ans: 35 years
- Who was the founder of society called Abhinav Bharat?
Ans: Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- What was the ultimate goal of Mahatma Gandhi’s salt Satyagraha?
Ans: Purna Swaraj for India
- Name the vceroy who Prohibited Sati?
Ans: Lord William Bentinck
- Who give the title of Mahatma to Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi?
Ans: Rabindraa Nath Tagore
- Which freedom fighter called Mahatma Gandhi as father of the Nation for the first time?
Ans: Subhas chandra Bose
- Who is the leader of the Hindustan socialist republican army founded in 1928?
Ans: Chandra Sekhar Azad
- Who shot dead John Saunders on 17th December 1927?
Ans: Bhagat Singh
- The poona pact was signed between Mahatma Gandhi and ….?
Ans: B R Ambedkar
- Ajanta caves are situated in which state of India?
- What is India’s rank in Global Climate Risk Index 2020?
- what is the direction of rotation of earth on its axis?
Ans: West to East
- What is the full form of WTO?
Ans: World Trade Organization
- How many members are nominated in Rajya Sabha?
- The Bermuda Triangle or Devil’s Triangle is located at?
Ans: North Atlantic Ocean
- Who defeated Mohammed Ghori in First Battle of Tarain?
Ans:Prithibi Raj Chauhan
- World Aids Day is observed on?
Ans: 1 December
- Anandmath was written by which Bengali Writer?
Ans: Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
- Areawise, which is the smallest state in India?
- which imaginary line, located at zero degrees latitude, divides the earth into Northern and Southern hemispheres?
- Area wise, the largest country in Africa is?
- The oldest refinery in India is the?
Ans: Digboi Refinery, Assam
- The Export Import Bank of India is also known as?
Ans: EXIM Bank
- The first conference of Assam Sahitya Sabha was held in?
- The Abhiruchi sports Day is celebrated on’
ans: 3rd september
- The Gokhai kamal Ali Road was constructed during the region of
Ans: Nara Narayan
- Who is the author of book ‘India against itself’?
Ans: Dr. Sanjib Bora
- the phulguri uprising was take place
- which distrct of Assam has been declared as first tobacco free district?
- The first flim direacted by Jahnu Barua
- Swahid Divas is celebrated on
Ans: 10th December
- Who is the first recipient of Asom Ratna Award?
Ans: Bhupen Hazarika
- In which year , Bhupen Hazarika was elected the President of Assam Sahitya Sabha?
- In which location Manash River joins the Brahmaputra river?
- who was the central figure of the Revolt of 1857 in Assam?
Ans: Maniram Dewam
- The Hayagriva Madhab Temple of Hajo is located in which hill?
Ans: Monikut Hill
- Which city is also known as cultural city of Assam?
- Which forest is single-handedly planted by Jadav Payeng?
Ans: Molai forest
5 July ,2020
- Entomology is the science that studies:
- Fundamental rights is taken from the constitution of which country?
- Which mughal Empower built a new city at Delhi known as Din Panah
- when was Sati system was abolished
- Which Article is for “protection of interests of Minorities”?
Ans: Article 29
- A separate Governor for Bengal to be appointed under the act?
Ans: Charter Act of 1753
- Constitution of India came into effect from?
Ans: 26 January 1950
- How much time it took for constituent Assembly to finalize the constitution?
Ans: 2 years 11 months 18 days
- Nagaland was created as a separate state in the year?
- what is the age of retirement of a Judge of a Judge of a supreme court?
Ans: 65 years
- Who invented the Internet?
Ans: Robert E. Kahn and Vint Cerf
- Who is an inventor of Insulin?
Ans: Frederick Banting & Charles Best in 1921
- Harshvardhan was defeated by
Ans: Pulakesin II
- what is the time taken by sunlight to reach earth?
Ans: 8 min 16 second
- Name the galaxy is nearest to our galaxy milky way?
- study of Universe is known as–?
- Name the branch of biology which deals with the study of cell?
- Tropic of Cancer passes through how many Indian State?
- Indian standard time (IST) is taken from which place of India?
Ans: Naini near Allahabad
- Myopia (nearsightedness) is corrected by using which type of lens?
Ans: Concave lens
- Hypermetropia (farsightedness) is corrected by using which type of lens?
Ans: Convex lens
- What is the name of world longest mountain range?
Ans: Andes(south America).
- Which country has largest boundary?
- what is the highest peak of Aravali hills?
Ans: Gurusikhar (At mount Abu)
- Name of the largest gland in human body?
- Which gland of human body secretes bile juice?
- Where bile juice stored in human body?
Ans: Gall bladder
- what is the other name of Vitamin B-12
- If the reading of barometer falls suddenly then it is the indication of?
- Seperation of cream from milk from cream seprator is work on which principle?
Ans: Centrifugal force
- Who is regardes as father of artificial intelligence?
Ans: John McCarthy
- What is the legislature(parliament) name of Japan?
- What is the normal blood pressure of human body?
Ans: 120/80 mm Hg
- India share its longest boundry with which neighbouring country?
Ans: Bangladesh(4096 km)
- Agah khan cup is related with which sports?
- what is the National sport of China?
Ans. Table tennis
- Where is the headquarter of FIFA is located?
Ans: Zurich (Switzerland)
- who is the author of famous book “Wealth of Nations”
Ans: Adam smith
- On which date Louis Braille day observed?
Ans: 4 January?
- In computer one nibble is equal to…?
Ans: 4 bits
- what is the other name of earth outermost layer Crust?
Ans: SiAl(Silica and Aluminium)
- What is called of study of moon?
- Which country also known as Nippon (Land of Raising Sun)?
- Name the Delhi sultanate ruler who got the title “Lakh Baksh”?
- Who was the first and last Muslim Woman Rular of medieval India?
Ans: Raziya Sultan
- Who was the last Governor General and the First Viceroy of India?
Ans: Lord canning(1856-1862)
- On which date Army day is observed?
Ans: 15 January
- Who is the author of famous book Descent of Man?
Ans: Charles Darwin
- who is the author of famous book ‘Jungle Book’?
Ans: Rudyard kipling
- Irani trophy is related with which sports?
4 July ,2020
- Hindi Divas celebrate in India on
Ans: 14th September
- The first Indian newspaper to offer an online edition on internet?
Ans: The Hindu
- How many Parvas in the Mahabharat book?
- Who is the first Indian woman to climb Mt. Everest?
Ans: Bachendri pal
- India’s first all women post office is located at
- In which year Mother Teresa received Nobel peace prize?
- The Kanha National park is located in which state?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
- The largest source of power supply in India is?
Ans: Thermal power
- With how many countries India share its land borders?
- National Book trust was established by Government of India?
- India’s First women’s bank is known as
Ans: Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- The Hawa Mahal is located in which city?
- Which city also known as the City of Temples?
- When did the Government of India declared its New National Forest policy?
- National Dairy Research Institute is located in
- The khadi and village industries commission Act was passed in the year
- In India, National voters Day is celebrated on
Ans: 25th January
- Homi Bhaba Award is given for special contribution in the field of
Ans: Nuclear Energy
- India’s first underwater rail tunnel is constructed in which river?
Ans: Hooghly River
- which city of India is also known as Garden city?
- The Tawang Biddhist Monastery is located in which state?
Ans: Arunachal pradesh
- The first Lok Adalat was held in the year
- The planning commission of India was changed as NITI Aayog in
Ans: January 2015
- India’s first Railway University will be set up in which city?
- which Indian state has the longest border with china
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
- Stand -up India Scheme related to encouraging
Ans: SC/ST entrepreneurs
- India’s first digital village is
- World’s First Teak museum is located in
- The paradip port is located on which state?
- Where was the India’s first Submarine museum established?
- On which island of Franch, Napoleon was born
32.When the first Ancient Geek Olympic Game was begun?
Ans: 776 BC
- Who is known as the “Father of History”?
- India’s first supercomputer is known as
Ans: PARAM 8000
- Who is known as the father of electricity?
Ans: Benjamin Franklin
- who invented telescope?
Ans: Hans Lipperhey
- The PH value of blood is?
- HIV stands for
Ans: Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- The planet of the solar system which does not have a satellite is
- Total no of ear bones are
- Fluoride pollution mainly affects
- Black soil is used for the cultivation of
- Acid rain contains
Ans: Sulphuric acid and Nitric acid
- First Governor-General of Bengal was
Ans: Warren Hastings
- First English newspaper in India
Ans: The Bangal Gazette
- Who is known as the founder of Indian National Congress
Ans: Allan Octavian Benrjee
- Which Mughal Emperor is also known as ‘Alamgir’?
- Who was the founder of Lodhi dynasty in India
Ans: Bahlol Lodi
- who said this “ Swaraj is my bright right and I shall have it”?
Ans: Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- The first Jain Council was held at
3 July ,2020
- Alamathy dam is located on which river?
- The G.T Road was built during the region of
Ans: Sher Shah Suri
- Who discovered the Atom Bomb?
Ans: Otto Hahn
- Dr C V Roman was Awarded Nobel Prize in
- Alfanso is
Ans: Sub-type of mango
- Light year is the unit of?
- In Mammals, the most developed part of brain , by which a man can procreate, invent machines and evolve language and art, is
- Saka Era, which starts from 78 A.D. represents
Ams: Kanishka’s Region
- Black soil area in India are limited to which regions?
Ans: Southern region
- Vasco da Gama, who reached India trough sea route via Cape of Good Hope, first arrived in
- How many spokes are there in the Chakra of the Indian National Flag?
- The first Railway line was constructed during the rule of
Ans: Lord Dalhousie
- Liquefied petroleum gas consists of mainly
Ans: Propane and butane
- The states of India having common border with Myanmar are
Ans: Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh
- In which country of the world, the largest Buddhist temple is located?
- Who was the president of India at the time of proclamation of emergency in the year 1976?
Ans: Fakhrun Ali Ahmed
- Simon commission was appointed to look into the working of the
Ans: Government of India Act, 1919
- Who is he Author of the book “My country, My Life”?
Ans: L.K. Advani
19, Tipu Sultan died fighting the English force under
Ans: Lord Wellesley
- The first weekly Bengali newspaper “Samachar Darpan” was published by
- The Battle of Wandiwash was fought between
Ans: The English and The French
- Who was the responsible for the introduction of the Vernacular press Act of 1878?
Ans: Lord Lytton
- The first to bring Islam into India were the
- The first two digits from left of pin code indicate
Ans: Postal Zone
- Who is the Author of the book “ Inside Third World”?
Ans: Nana Palkiwala
- Milk, Cheese and Eggs are the source of
Ans: Vitamin A and D
- Who was the founder of the Asiatic Society?
Ans: William Jones
- What were the Khanqahs in the Medieval India?
Ans: Sufi Shrines
- When was the planning commission set up in India?
- The Articles 17 and 18 of Constitution provide
Ans: Social equality
- Dr Rajendra Prasad was elected as the first president of India by
Ans: Electroral College
- Which continent of the world does not have a desert?
- Radio waves are reflected back to earth from the
- What is the name of the strait where “Adams bridge” is situated?
Ans: Palk Strait
- “Euro cup” is associated with?
- World Environment Day is on
Ans: June 5
- Where the Garo Hills are located?
- Where in India is the Central Leather Research Institute located?
Ans: Tamil Nadu
- International Yoga Day is observed on which Date?
Ans: 21st June
- “Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport” is situated in which state?
Ans: Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- “Thattekad Bird Wildlife Sanctuary” is situated in which state?
- Vladivostok is a city in which country?
- Gogabil Lake is located in which state of India?
- Where is Akshardham Temple situated?
- “Sher -e- kashmir” is the nickname of?
Ans: Sheikh Abdullah
- The Borra Caves located in
Ans: Andhra pradesh
- The Rampur Raza Library is located in——-?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
- In which year National Register of citizens was first prepared?
- Aam Admi Bima Yojana was launched on:
Ans: October 2. 2007
- The mid day meal scheme was launched on
Ans: August 15, 1995
- Who was the first Indo-Greek king, who became Buddhist?
Ans: Menander II
- What is considered to be the official law book of the Guptas?
Ans: Yajnavalkya Smriti
- Alexander the Great, died in which year?
Ans: 323 BC
- Who was officially the last Mughal emperor of India?
Ans: Bahadur Sah II
- Akbarnama was written originally in which languages?
- The First President of Muslim League was __?
Ans: Nawab Viqar-ul-Mulk Mustaq Hussain
- In which sessions Mahatma Gandhi became president of INC?
- The history of Assam can be divided into how many eras?
- Who introduced a silver coin named ‘Narayani’ during his rule?
- Lakshmi Narayan was the first ruler of which dynasty?
Ans: Koch Bihar portion of Koch dynasty
- Who is the chairman of Parliamentary Affairs Committee?
Ans: Home Minister
- Who becomes empowered to make laws when the President’s rule is imposed in a state?
Ans: The Parliament
- Who administers the oath of office to the Governor?
Ans: Chief Justice of the state high court
- In which year National Commission for Protection of Child Rights was set up?
- MGNREGA is implemented by-?
Ans: Gram Panchayat
- Which planet is known as the Earth’s twin?
- The zonal soil type of peninsular India belongs to
Ans: red soils
- Which dams is also known as Maharana Pratap Sagar?
Ans: Pong Dam
- Which river is named as the “Dakshina Ganga”?
- Which line separates the Pakistan and Afghanistan?
Ans: Durand Line
- WWW stands for?
Ans: World Wide Web
- Full form of URL is?
Ans: Uniform Resource Locator
23. Which is the processing unit of the computer?
24. What is the use of Output devices?
Ans: To view or print data
25. What is Microsoft Windows XP?
Ans: It is an operating system
26. Ghumura is an ancient folk dance that originated in which states?
27. Which is the most famous Bronze Image of Chola Period?
28. In which year Dadasaheb Phalke Award was instituted?
29. Which is the largest Indian museum?
Ans: Indian Museum Kolkata
30.Who wrote Agni Vina?
Ans: Kazi Nazrul Islam
31. Bank Rate is defined as the rate at which
Ans: RBI lends long term loans to commercial banks
32. The term “Golden Revolution” is related to which missions?
Ans: National Horticulture Mission
33. Which type of unemployment is mostly seen in the Primary sector?
Ans: Disguised unemployment
34. Dutt Committee was related to
Ans: Industrial licensing
35. What is the full form of GST?
Ans: Goods and Service Tax
36.Ian Thorpe is related to?
37. The Arjuna Award given by
Ans: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
38. Divan Cup related to
39. Santosh trophy related to
40. What is the capital and currency of Afganistan?
Ans: Capital: Kabul, Currency: Afgan Afgani
41. What is the full form of ISRO?
Ans: Indian Space Research Organisation
42. Which is the first Indian airport to get Disabled Aircraft Recovery Equipment (DARE)?
Ans: Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
43. The web of the spider is made up
44. “Rumen” is a part of
45. Japanese encephalitis is a disease caused by
46. What substances is most suitable for making Compact Discs?
47. Who recognized and named Oxygen?
Ans: Antoine Lavoisier
48. Joule/kg is the S.I unit of
Ans: Latent heat
49. What is the value of escape velocity for earth?
Ans: 11.2 km s-2
50. What is the source of energy in nuclear reactors which produce electricity?
Ans: Nuclear Fission
- Where is the World’s first yoga University outside India?
- Who is the First woman judge in Supreme Court?
Answer: Meera Sahib Fatima Bibi
- Through which amendment “ right to property “ was made a legal right?
Answer: 44th Amendment
- In computer , 1GB memory, is equal to how many MB?
Answer: 1024 MB
- Who was the last ruler of Mughal Dynasty?
Answer: Bahadur Shah Zafar
- In which Year Green Revolution was started?
- What is the Capital and currency of Brazil?
Answer: Capital: Brasilia, Currency: Real
- The Hobbesian contract was-
Answer: Among men living in the state of nature
- The disputes regarding the election of the president are decided by-?
Answer: The Supreme Court
- Who was the Governor General of British India at the time of Simon Commission and Nehru Report?
Answer: Lord Irwin
- Where was Razia Sultan defeated and assassinated?
- During the Third Battle of Panipat was fought(1761), who was the Peshwa?
Answer: Balaji Bajirao
- During the Mughal period Mansabdari system was related to?
Answer: Military Administration
- 49th parallel is a boundary line between
Answer: USA and Canada
- Nanda Devi National Park is located in which state?
- Which country has the highest number of islands?
Answer: Indonesia(17508 Islands)
- Which state of India has the longest mainland coastline/
- Which Mountains separates Black Sea and Caspian Sea?
- What is the name of World’s driest desert ?
- Which one of the Union Territories of India is the smallest in terms of geographical area?
- Kuchipudi is a dance form of which state of India?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
- The situation in which total revenues equals total cost, is known as:
Answer: Break even point
- Dumping of solid waste in low-lying areas earth cover is called as:
Answer: Sanitary land filling
- Demand curve of a firm under perfect competition is:
Answer: Horizontal to ox –axis
- R. Das and Motilal Nehru formed the ‘Swaraj Party’ after,
Answer: Non Cooperation movement
- Which gas is used for converting vegetable oils into saturated fats?
- Who was the chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constituentt Assembly?
Answer: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- What is the name of the Fort built by the English in Kolkata?
Answer: Fort William
- The marginal revenue of a monopolist is
Answer: less than price
- The element which is required by the plant in large quantity:
- When were the Fundamental Duties of the Indian citizens incorporated in the constitution?
- Tuberculosis infection is by means of:
Answer: Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Chandragupta II also known as
- The writ of ‘Habeas Corpus’ is issued in the event of:
Answer: Wrongful Police Detention
- October 2nd of every year has been declared by UNO as
Answer: International non-violence Day
- Who was the chola kiing who brought Ganga from North to South?
Answer: Rajendra Chola
- Chemical name of Bleaching powder is
Answer: Calcium hypochlorite
- The abnormal constituent of urine is:
- The most abundant constituent of atmospheric air is:
- The world’s wettest continent is
Answer: South America
- Who was the Last guru of the Sikhs?
Answer:Guru Gobind Singh
- Light beam which is highly directional is called:
- Which mineral is the ore of aluminum?
- The S.I unit of electric charge is:
- Which is the administrative capital of Malaysia
- During the time of which Mughal Emperor did the English East India Company establish its first factory in India?
- Heavy water is normally used by which industries?
Answer: Nuclear power generation plants
- Which sites of the Indus Valley Civilization had an ancient dockyard?
- What is the full form of NEFT?
Answer: National electronic fund transfer
- Lala Lajpat Rai was also known as
- What is the full form of NDMA?
Answer: National Disaster Management Authority( Founded 2005)
- Where is Headquarter of NDMA?
Answer: New Delhi
- On which Date the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojona(PMUY) was launched?
Answer: 1 May, 2016
- What is the theme of International Museums Day for the year2020?
Answer: “ Museums for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion”
- First world Health Assembly (WHA) was held in?
- On Which date and Year Indian Navy was Founded?
Answer: 05 September, 1612
- What is the Capital and Currency of Israel?
Answer: Capital : Jerusalem , Currency: Israeli New Shekel
- National Anti – Terrorism Day observed on which date?
Answer: 21 May
- At which Date National Council of education Research and Training(NCERT) founded?
Answer: 01 September 1961,Location Delhi
- Who is the author of the Book titled “A Naga Story” ?
Answer: Edward Lotha
3 thoughts on “One Liner GK(English)”
plz provide more questions..it ia very helpful…
Nice questions ,it’s very helpful for upcoming govt. Exam
Thank you to all APSC Tutorials Team