Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has uploaded the new amended Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 in its official website.
Government of Assam has made a few new provisions and set the following rules to amend the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 1989.
Here is the list of key modifications suppose to be implemented in Combined Competitive Examination conducted by Assam Public Service Commission from the next time.
Key Points of Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019:
1. The main examination shall consist of written examination and interview tests. The written examination shall consist of one Essay Paper, five papers on the subject of General Studies and two papers on any one Optional subject. There shall be two qualifying papers to test the Language communication skills of the candidates. Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the main examination (Written Part as well as Interview) would determine their final ranking.
2. Schemes and Subjects for the Preliminary Examination:
The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) shall consist of two papers:
1. Paper-1: General Studies I 200 Marks 2 Hours Duration
2. Paper-2: General Studies II 200 Marks 2 Hours Duration
Total – 400 Marks
The total qualifying marks of Paper-I General Studies I of Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination maybe determined by the Commission.
The Paper 1 : General Studies I shall be set in such a way that 30% to 35% of questions shall compulsorily relate to Assam.
The Paper 2 : General Studies II shall have minimum qualifying marks of 33%.
3. Schemes and Subjects for the Main Examination:
The Main Examination shall consist of Written Examination and an Interview test.
The written examinations shall consist of eight papers of conventional essay type/objective type with limited words and two qualifying Language papers (in the level of Class X). Marks obtained in Interview for Preliminary Test shall be counted for ranking.