Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has uploaded the new amended Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 in its official website.
Government of Assam has made a few new provisions and set the following rules to amend the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 1989.
Here is the list of key modifications suppose to be implemented in Combined Competitive Examination conducted by Assam Public Service Commission from the next time.
Click here to download papers
Key Points of Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019:
1. The main examination shall consist of written examination and interview tests. The written examination shall consist of one Essay Paper, five papers on the subject of General Studies and two papers on any one Optional subject. There shall be two qualifying papers to test the Language communication skills of the candidates. Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the main examination (Written Part as well as Interview) would determine their final ranking.
2. Schemes and Subjects for the Preliminary Examination:
The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) shall consist of two papers:
1. Paper-1: General Studies I 200 Marks 2 Hours Duration
2. Paper-2: General Studies II 200 Marks 2 Hours Duration
Total – 400 Marks
The total qualifying marks of Paper-I General Studies I of Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination maybe determined by the Commission.
The Paper 1 : General Studies I shall be set in such a way that 30% to 35% of questions shall compulsorily relate to Assam.
The Paper 2 : General Studies II shall have minimum qualifying marks of 33%.
3. Schemes and Subjects for the Main Examination:
The Main Examination shall consist of Written Examination and an Interview test.
The written examinations shall consist of eight papers of conventional essay type/objective type with limited words and two qualifying Language papers (in the level of Class X). Marks obtained in Interview for Preliminary Test shall be counted for ranking.
Details of Papers for Main Examination:
(i) Paper 1
Type of Paper: Essay
Duration in hours: 3
(ii) Paper 2 to 6
Type of Paper: General Studies
Marks: 250 for each paper
Duration in hours: 3 for each paper
(iii) Paper 7
Type of Paper: Optional Subject, Paper I
Duration in hours: 3
(iv) Paper 8
Type of Paper: Optional Subject, Paper 2
Duration in hours: 3
(v) Interview Test (After qualifying in written test)
Total Marks: 2275
Qualifying Papers (in the level of Class X):
1. Paper A (300 Marks – 3 Hours Duration)— Any one of the language from Assamese, Bengali, Bodo. Candidates from Dima Hasao, Karbi Anglong and West Karbi Anglong Districts who had not studied any of these languages in school shall be exempted from appearing for qualifying language papers.
2. Paper B – English (300 Marks – 3 Hours Duration)
4. Optional Papers:
The list of Optional subjects for the Main Examination :
(The standard and syllabi of the Optional subjects are approximately those of Degree Level Course of the Universities)
3. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
6. Civil Engineering
7. Commerce and Accountancy
9. Electrical Engineering
14. Literature of any one of the following languages Assarnese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, Sanskrit, English
17. Mechanical Engineering
18. Medical Science
21. Political Science and International Relations
23. Public Administration
5. Marks shall not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
6. Candidates will be required to apply online using the website www.apsc.nic.in .The online Applications can be filled up to the last day for submission as fixed by the Commission. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the Commission website for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
7. Negative Marking
(a) There will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Multiple Choice Question Papers as decided by the Commission. There will be negative marking for incorrect answers (as detailed below) for all questions except some of the questions where the negative marking will be inbuilt in the form of different marks being awarded to the most appropriate and not so appropriate answer for such questions.
(b) There will be four alternatives for the answers to every question in Preliminary Examination. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
(c) If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
8. Commission will publicly disclose the scores of the candidates (obtained in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test) through the public portals. The disclosure will be made in respect of only those candidates who will appear in the Interview/Personality Test for the Civil Service Examination and are not finally recommended for appointment.
2 thoughts on “APSC NEW SYLLABUS WITH MODEL PAPERS PDF DOWNLOAD”
APSC PRELIMS MODEL QUESTION PAPERS